Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10 / Windows 11
User Rating:Click to vote
Author / Product:
Mingw-w64 2022 full offline installer setup for PC 32bit/64bit
Headers, Libraries and Runtime
- More than a million lines of headers are provided, not counting generated ones, and regularly expanded to track new Windows APIs.
- Everything needed for linking and running your code on Windows.
- Winpthreads, a pthreads library for C++11 threading support and simple integration with existing project.
- Winstorecompat, a work-in-progress convenience library that eases conformance with the Windows Store.
- Better-conforming and faster math support compared to VisualStudio's.
- gendef: generate Visual Studio .def files from .dll files.
- genidl: generate .idl files from .dll files.
- widl: compile .idl files.
Mingw-w64 was started in order to port an ObjectiveC application to 64bit Windows in 2005. The only compiler targeting Windows that supported ObjectiveC was the GCC compiler from MinGW.